Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre
Online maps, transport and parking information.
A downloadable PDF site plan of the campus.
More detailed information on our orthopaedic care.
Useful patient guides with details of visiting times and facilities.
Welcome to the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre
The Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre - also known as the CMTC - is our home for orthopaedic surgery and treatment services on the Halton General Hospital campus.
We provide surgery ranging from hand and foot operations through to spinal back surgery and hip replacement operations at the centre - as well as sports injuries (sports medicine) and other bone and joint care.The centre is located just across from the main Halton General building.
The centre was purpose built for orthopaedic surgery and was originally opened in 2006 as a home for a private health provider who was contracted to the NHS until 2011. We were delighted to be able to re-open the centre for local patients in 2013 and move our orthopaedic services to their new home. It is a popular choice for surgery with excellent patient feedback.
Facilities in the centre
The centre is state-of-the-art and facilities include:
- Four operating theatres on the top floor - purpose built for hip, bone and joint surgery and treatments
- A 44 bed main ward in a mix of single-rooms and four-bedded bays
- A day ward for day case surgery
- Full outpatient clinic and physiotherapy centre on the ground floor
- MRI, CT, x-ray and ultrasound scanning
- Cafe, spacious waiting area and other facilities.
Acquiring the centre means that we can increase the capacity for surgery and offer a fantastic environment for your care. Our orthopaedic services have excellent clinical outcomes and the centre gives us the capacity we need to expand our service and provide the best environment for your care.
Services that are provided at the centre
You can choose our services at the CMTC. Ask your GP for a referral to us. The services we provide include:
- The trust's routine orthopaedic surgery is carried out at the centre - this includes hip replacements, knee, shoulder, finger, foot and sports injury (sports medicine) surgery as well as specialist spinal surgery
- Outpatient appointments for orthopaedics are also provided at the centre
- MRI and CT scanning is provided at the centre - not just for orthopaedic care
- We have occupational health and orthopaedic physiotherapy services on site.
Why you should choose us for your orthopaedic care.
- Staff - From complex hip replacements and spinal surgery through to sports medicine, finger and scope work, our surgical team have excellent outcomes and a specialist facility in the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre to match their expertise. You can read more about our staff and meet the team on the NHS Choices pages for our service.
- Convenience - Where possible we aim to provide a one stop service where you can have your appointment with our consultant, scans and other tests in one visit. If you do require surgery then the centre has the very latest theatre facilities that are ideal for all types of bone and joint surgery.
- A specialist centre - Providing your surgery at the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre means that it has a very low risk of being canceled as it is a specialist standalone centre that is not affected by emergency pressures. We are also proud of our record of having no cases of MRSA at Halton General in over six years.
Finding out more
- If you have been given an appointment at the centre and need to change your appointment or make an enquiry, please call the number on your letter
- If you need to change your appointment you can also use our online service here - https://www.whh.nhs.uk/forms/change-appointment.asp
You can also email WHH.email@example.com for any enquiries on the services we provide at the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre.
Visiting on the ward at the CMTC is:
- 12:00noon - 8:00pm
- Main Reception. 01928 701 777 - for general centre enquiries
- X-ray Reception. 01928 793 733 - for information regarding appointments for scans and x-rays
- Waiting List Clerks. 01928 793 777 - for information regarding operation dates/cancellations
- Preoperative assessment. 01928 793 764
- Main Ward. 01928 793 746 - for information regarding patients on the ward or advice following discharge from the ward
- Day case ward. 01928 793 740 - for information regarding day case patients on the ward or advice following discharge.