Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust manages two major hospital sites - Warrington Hospital and Halton General Hospital. We also provide services at the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre on the Halton site.
This section gives you some useful basic background information on our hospitals.
Three hospitals, two sites, one great team
The majority of our emergency care and complex surgical care is based at Warrington Hospital whilst Halton General Hospital in Runcorn is a centre of excellence for routine surgery. The Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre is home to our orthopaedic surgery services.
The hospital sites are around 10 miles apart and are easily accessible being very close to the North West motorway network.
Although each hospital site specialises in particular aspects of care, we provide outpatient clinics for all our specialties and diagnostic (scanning) services at both Warrington and Halton so people can access their initial appointments close to home wherever possible. We also provide some outpatient services in the local community.
We've invested heavily in our hospitals over recent years - nearly every ward has been refurbished and we've seen development of new facilities and departments that make our hospitals a great place to receive your care.
Use the menu on the left or the quick links below to access information on each hospital site.
Further information about Warrington Hospital and useful links to other pages. .
Further information about Halton General Hospital and useful links to other pages.
Further information about the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre.
Details of clinics and outpatient services we provide at community locations.
Did you know?
- There are around 600 beds across our hospitals
- 4,100 staff work across our wards and departments
- The trust has an annual turnover of over £210 million
- We serve a local population of 313,463 people (118,752 in Halton and 194,711 in Warrington)
- We provide almost 500,000 individual appointments, procedures and stays in hospital each year
- We became an NHS Foundation Trust in December 2008 and have over 13,000 public members
- Inside our hospitals we've invested in new wards, departments and units - from maternity and critical care units to chemotherapy, dementia, endoscopy and ophthalmology facilities
- We have cut hospital infection rates by over 90% in five years and seen drastic reductions in other safety measures like falls and pressure ulcers
- We have been named as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in the NHS by the Health Service Journal in 2014 and our staff say they are in the top 20% of engaged staff in the health service
- We have been shortlisted in the national Patient Safety and Care Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Patients rate Halton General Hospital and the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre at the highest satisfaction rating of five stars on the NHS Choices website. Warrington also scores well at four stars.
For more information on risk ratings, mortality, patient feedback and infection rates, please visit our transparency section of the website here.